MMMMM........Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas! ONE FOR NOW AND...

ONE FOR LATER!!!

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas Recipe:
Ingredients:
Marinade:
6 tablespoons honey
5 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Enchiladas:
1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded (I usually boil 4 chicken breasts, bake and then shred them)
8-10 wheat tortillas
1 pound Monterrey jack cheese, shredded or if you dont have monterey then use mozarella, mixed cheeses or just cheddar is fine.
16 ounces green enchilada sauce
11/2 cup heavy cream
Directions:
Place first four ingredients into a zip-loc bag and toss in shredded chicken and mix marinade into chicken by massaging the bag (make sure it is closed tightly). Let it marinate in the fridge for at least a 1/2 hour, but preferably a half day or so. I usually do overnight. Pour half a can enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9X13 baking pan. Fill the tortillas with chicken and shredded cheese, saving about 1 cup or so of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas. Put rolled tortillas in 9x13 pan as you go. Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with the heavy cream. Pour sauce on top of the enchiladas once pan is full of tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until brown and crispy on top.
To freeze: Do all the steps but the baking portion. Cover with foil and mark with how to bake and toss in the freezer! I actually don't even double this recipe except for the enchilada sauce, I will use another can and the heavy creamer, I will use another 1 1/2 cups. The 4-5 breasts of chicken make two dishes. Sometimes even a little chicken is left over depending on how full you make the tortillas. Will stay frozen well for 4-6 months.
Each dish feeds 4-5 mouths!
No comments:
Post a Comment