Sunday, April 28, 2013

Camping: Ocean Shores

Well, we took our first camping trip to Ocean Shores to go razor clam digging for everyone's first time. I now have seven bags with 15 clams in each bag in my freezer so I am looking for a good clam chowder recipe along with other recipes on how I can use these! Clamming is rather intense not to mention you have to get up early! With being pregnant it was hard to dig the clams it made my stomach hurt so I kind of hung out with Hunter. It was too cold for him so the third morning of digging we hung out together in the trailer while the others went digging. It only took about an hour to dig our limit of clams but takes about 3 hours to clean them all! (about 75 clams each morning)

It was my first time eating them and we covered them in panko and pan fried them while I made my special homemade alfredo and fettucine to go with them. It was SO GOOD! It was our first time eating these clams and they were good. There are two parts to the body and I liked the fattier part where Kylee liked the chewier part.

The weather was pretty good except for Saturday it was rather cold, windy and rainy so the kids all came into our trailer and watched a movie while it passed. However Friday and Sunday it was gorgeous out!

Here are some pictures from our trip. (sorry about the big ones I can't seem to make them smaller so I gave up.)

Clam digging time. (this is about 630am during low tide)


Taking the shells off the clams...
Cleaning of the clams...Kylee getting her hands dirty!
Hunter walking Luke one afternoon...

Contemplating on where to play and dig with his shovel next...
Helping "Uncle Brian" blow the fire to burn some of the wet wood we needed to get rid of...
Me and my love...
Wheel barrel rides...
This didn't last long cause it was about 630am and really cold... (others were clam digging)
We are snuggled up in the back of the car while the others are clam digging...
Adult game night...Jenga!
Had a fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment